Candle Care & FAQ
We want you to love every moment of your Camille Candle, however the use of candles requires caution and awareness of the associated risks, so please ensure you always follow these safety precautions.
How to get the best performance out of your Camille Candle.
1. Prevent soot from forming on the glass by keeping wicks properly placed and trimmed.
2. Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.
3. Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken.
4. If candle has multiple wicks, they must all be lit every time the candle is used.
5. Never introduce liquids or foreign objects into candle and keep it free of wick trimmings, matches and any flammable materials.
6. If the glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish candle, allow to cool and clean with a dry paper towel.
7. Use a candle snuffer to properly extinguish a candle flame. If not available, blow gently and steadily on the flame until it is extinguished.
8. Container candle burn times will vary. Fragrance, colour, burning habits and environmental conditions affect the time a candle will last.
Burn within sight.
Keep away from things that catch fire.
Keep away from children.
1. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
2. Never use water to extinguish a candle.
3. Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed to 7mm (1/4 inch) during use and each time candle is relit.
4. Do not burn a Camille Candle for less than 1 hour or more than 4 hours at a time.
5. Stop burning when 10mm (1/2 inch) of un-melted wax remains in the bottom of the glass of your Camille Candle.
6. Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
7. Glass may become hot. Burn candle on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface.
8. Avoid using in drafty areas, near an open window, air duct or fan.
9. Keep away from children, pets and flammable materials.
10. Do not use lid to extinguish candle.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What type of candle wax and wicks do you use in your candles?
A. All of our candles are made from natural, pure soy wax and lead-free cotton wicks for a longer, cleaner and environmentally friendly burn
Q. Do I need to trim the wicks?
A. Yes. We advise that you trim the wicks to 5mm and ensure they're upright prior to each new burn.
Q. How long will a candle burn for?
A. We aim to ensure all of our candles are as long lasting as possible, however burn times do vary based on a variety of factors including; candle maintenance, the length of each continuous burn time, placement and the age of the candle.
In ideal conditions, our Camille Candles may burn for at least 55 hours.